Thursday, March 3, 2011

Farewell Wii, We'll Miss Ye!

Our first Wii died a horrible stinking death today. We have another, purchased secondhand, but the first one is a sentimental favorite of mine. Maybe because it was the first gaming console we bought as a family.

Fall 2007 we had just seen the Wii in action at my wife's library. They had purchased one for teen events. We talked about it, and pooled the family X-mas/Hanukkah money to buy the system. We loved it. I had about 200 dollars worth of Virtual Console Games on it. It was the first system our grade-school daughter and I gamed on together. She was introduced to Super Mario Brothers, and loved it. My wife and I fought pitched battles with Zelda's Crossbow training. We also loved Smash Brothers Brawl, and Mario Party. It brought us closer together as a family.

I had soft-modded it before I knew that Nintendo frowned on that. I wanted to play Homebrew, and NES games. So when the disk drive went, Nintendo wouldn't fix it. I know, that was my bad. We took it to PlayN'Trade and they fixed the disc error problem, but today the internal power went. It's gone.

I know we have another Wii. I had some trade credit at Bookman's Entertainment Exchange, so we were able to replace it. However, I cried anyway. I know it might seem silly to get sentimental over a gaming console. But our Wii wasn't just filled with electronics, and games....it was full of memories too. Farewell buddy...we will miss you AKB:(

No comments:

Post a Comment